Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter, happy spring!

I know it's been a very, very long time since I've updated this blog, and I do apologize! We seem to be busier and yet have less to talk about (or less that I feel is interesting enough to talk about). I'm going to try to be better about at least posting pictures for the Grandparents and family who are far away.

Adele is almost 3 years old--I can't believe it! She's amazing and smart and SO funny. She's a joy to be around. I can't believe how big she is. We're interviewing preschools this week and next, and that blows my mind. To think she was once a tiny, tiny baby and now she's old enough to go to preschool. To think we once didn't know if she'd have disabilities or learning problems or if she'd even be able to go to school. She's a miracle and I remember that even more the older she gets!

As for Steve and I, we are both fine. I started a new job in December (after I'd gotten laid off in late Sept). It's going well, but I have a long commute to Lenexa. But I am thankful to have a job--period--let alone one that pays decently, has benefits and is something I enjoy. Steve is still at The Toy Store and enjoying that. It's a lot of work, but he has as much fun as he can!

In October, we got a new dog. Yes, our dear Skeeter had only been gone a month but we felt we were ready (and missed having a dog around) and we found a great one at the humane society. A sweet dog that's good with kids and isn't too crazy is too good to pass up! His name is Scout and he's a HUGE yellow lab. We're not used to a dog that's the size of a pony. But he's a good boy--most of the time--and fun to have around. One thing I appreciate about him is that he's forced me to get outside and exercise every day, which is something I'd been neglecting for quite a while.

If he doesn't get two good walks a day he has a tendency to destroy things (did I mention he was huge??), so it's in our best interest to keep him worn out. And I am happy to say that over the course of the past few months, I have begun a regular running program. I'm using the Couch-to-5K model, which gradually works you up from walking to running 3.2 miles. It's been really fun and Scout is a good running buddy! We both benefit from the exercise. Don't be surprised if I work some running posts into this blog--you can just ignore them if they bore you. ;)

Since today is Easter, I thought I'd share some photos from earlier today. Which, by the way, was a GREAT day. Weather was absolutely DIVINE (complete opposite weather than what I remember of Iowa Easters). We had brunch at church, service at 11:00, a trip to the dog park for kite-flying (and a mudbath for Scout), home to wash the dog and blow bubbles, and now we're waiting for Easter supper to finish up. It was a fantastic day! I hope yours was, too!


1 comment:

Lindi Ben said...

Yeah, a post!!! She is soooo cute, Darrah. It really is amazing she's ready for preschool isn't it? That's so cool. And to think she'll come home telling you about all the things she does, and she'll sing you new songs, and tell you about kids in her class, and make new friends, and bring home artwork. She'll do so much fun stuff! Now I need to see a pic of the doggie!